Simple Ways to Speed Up Your Computer
- Fortunately, there are a few simple ways you can speed up your computer. Back in December, I turned my automatic updates off while on a trip to London so that my mobile broadband data would not be swallowed by them. I completely forgot about this, only to find that there are 35 important updates outstanding. Oops. Check to make sure your PC is not suffering from the same neglect.
- As somebody who periodically convinces herself that various programs are necessary, I am hoarding a bunch of unnecessary software. Uninstalling some of these programs and updating my Java has done wonders.
- As an Internet addict, I have built-up an array of temporary files. Using Ccleaner I have been able to declog my laptop.
- My anti-virus program expired a while ago, and I completely forgot to update it (yes, I am a bad laptop owner). I have since downloaded a free Windows anti virus software, and I have run Malware Bytes for good measure.
- Upon starting up, I am now ending tasks that I do not need to be running. One of these was Evernote, which I find useful, but the constant syncing holds me back.
External resources you may find useful:
Guardian guide to speeding up your PC